Racing has been cleared to resume at Werribee with the facility all but cleared of the remaining international visitors.
The centre has developed as a fantastic base for international runners travelling to Australia for the spring and overcomes the quarantine issues that have been a problem in the past.
The final horses will leave on Sunday returning Werribee back to normal ahead of their first meeting on December 10.
Jumpouts were held on Friday and with everything flowing smoothly there are no issues to speak of.
“We are pleased that the jockeys have declared the track safe and that it is fit to resume racing on December 10,” Racing Victoria chief operating officer Bernard Saundry said.
The second meeting will be scheduled for January 15th, a fortnight ahead of their feature event Werribee Cup program.
Small changes will need to be made to the surface before then as it had been set as a slow track for the duration of the international occupation.
“It will now be prepared as a racing surface,” he said.
“The track will be rolled regularly between now and the resumption of racing and local horses will gallop on it weekly as part of the maintenance program.”
Conceding with the return to Werribee will be the return to Benalla which has undergone crucial safety upgrades after the track collapsed back in October of 2010.
Savour That fell as a result of the cave in and Jason Benbow broke his ankle as he came off.
Kilmore Racecourse is the next in line to make a comeback with works there set to be completed by the end of the year.