Beaudesert Racecourse is located 64 kilometres south of the Brisbane CBD in Queensland. The racecourse is operated by both the Hibernian Race Club and the Beaudesert Race Club and has a track circumference of 1,435 metres and a final straight that is 210 metres long.
While the Hibernian Race Club has been operating in some form since 1907, the first official race was held by the club on June 22, 1949, after they merged with the existing Kerry Race Club. The club’s first feature race was the Hibernian Handicap, which was run over a distance of 1,600 metres and worth £100 in prize money.
The Hibernian Race Club was awarded permanent status by the QTC in the provincial circuit in the mid 1950s, therefore becoming the only provincial club in Queensland to be granted a permanent “Charity Race” day. The Hibernian Race Club continues to hold its historical Charity Race Days each year to raise funds for those sectors of the communities that are in need.
As well as the Hibernian Race Club, Beaudesert Racecourse is controlled by the Beaudesert Race Club. The Beaudesert Race Club was first established in the 19th century, with the first race day being held by the club on April 16, 1879.
The club built the current major grandstand back in 1912, which is still used as the main vantage point to watch all the quality racing action Beaudesert Racecourse has to offer. The Beaudesert Race Club currently holds a total of seven race meetings each year, with their main feature race days being ANZAC Day, Melbourne Cup and Beaudesert Cup Day.