Peter Moody-trained imports Sneak A Peek and Kesampour have been withdrawn from the Group 2 P.B. Lawrence Stakes (1400m) that will be run at Caulfield on Saturday.
Kesampour was set to make his Australian racing debut while Sneak A Peek was expected to return to the races for the first time since the 2012 Group 1 Caulfield Cup (2400m) but Moody made the decision to push back their spring kick-off dates.
Sneak A Peek will be having his second campaign in Australia after racing consistently without producing a breakthrough result during the 2012 Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival.
Moody told Racing Victoria that he is happy with how the son of Doyen has progressed since returning to work but felt as though he just wasn’t ready for his return after so long away from the track.
“I’m pleased with the way he’s come up, but he hasn’t had a run since the Caulfield Cup last year and I just thought he was probably another gallop away,” Moody said.
“I’ll probably take him to Sydney for the Warwick Stakes on Saturday week.”
Kesampour joined the Moody stable earlier this year and had his last competitive start when finishing thirteenth in the 2012 edition of the world’s third richest horse race – the Group 1 Prix De L’Arc De Triomphe (2400m).
Moody clearly has a high opinion of the four-year-old entire and is considering giving him his Australian debut in the recently upgraded Group 1 Makybe Diva Stakes (1600m) at Flemington on September 7.
“I might even wait for the mile of the Makybe in three weeks,” the leading trainer said.
“I just think at 1400 he’ll find them a bit sharp at this point.”
Sneak A Peek and Kesampour have both been nominated for the Caulfield Cup and Cox Plate (2040m) as Moody searches for his first victory in either race.