In what must seem like a never ending story for the Kilmore Racing Club the circuit has once again failed to stand up to scrutiny.
Kilmore Racecourse was due to be back in action last month but the rescheduled date of next Tuesday has now also been scrapped.
The track has now stood dormant for six months after repair work was made to the drainage system.
Works took longer than expected and the grass is still yet to recover in some sections of the course.
A series of jumpouts were held there yesterday but Racing Victoria stewards in association with jockeys expressed concerns about a section of grass around the 150m mark.
The surface was notably flat and a different colour to the rest of the circuit.
The rest of Kilmore is reportedly pristine but with the poor section of the straight going from 3m off the rail all the way to the outside it was decided to pull the plug.
“There’s a section of the track that hasn’t binded together,” RVL deputy chairman of stewards Allan Reardon said.
“On that basis we thought it best not to go ahead with next week’s meeting.”
Des O’Keeffe from the Victorian Jockeys Association said the problems were caused by construction equipment repeatedly crossing that part of the track.
“It was more a colour thing than anything else,” O’Keeffe said.
The new date Kilmore are hoping to be back in action is January the 15th.
Next Tuesday’s meet has been transferred to Kyneton.