Farley Not Securing Sincero’s Stradbroke Start

By: Ryan Clark
May 31st, 2011
Sincero

Sincero has not secured a start in the Stradbroke Handicap yet

With Hay List out of the Stradbroke Handicap Sincero has shortened even further at the top of betting markets as he prepares for a first up run in Brisbane this weekend.

It initially looked like Sincero would have to win the QTC Cup just to make the field in the Group 1 the following week but with a string of top of the order withdrawals he could almost sneak in where he is now.

Despite this Steve Farley is adamant he needs a run going into the race after having his last start three weeks ago in Scone.

He’s won six on the trot and all things going to plan he’ll be in great shape to make that seven this weekend at Eagle Farm.

“He worked very nice on Saturday morning, he’s come through that fine and he has a bit of spring in his step,” Farley said.

He’s nominated for both the QTC Cup and the Daybreak Lover but if he has serious Group 1 aspirations the QTC Cup is the sensible option.

“We’d like to see him compete against those sort of horses going into the Stradbroke,” he said.

He dominated the field in Scone just as he has done all 2011 and he’s showing no signs of slowing up just yet.

“He hasn’t gone backwards, he seems to have come on a little bit since then,” he said.

“We need the run and that should top him off for the following Saturday, he backs up well.”

Sincero has been the favourite for the race for the last month but punters pretty much need him to not only win the Stradbroke but the QTC as well, something no horse has ever done.

“He’d have to be competitive in that sort of race (QTC Cup) to go to the Stradbroke otherwise he’d probably go to the Guineas,” Farley said.

Add Your Comment

Add Your Comment

Add your comment and join the discussion.