Americain Career Results & Stats
- Career Results: 33-11-4-4
- Career Prize Money: $5,923,677
- Group & Listed Results: 29-9-4-2
- Group & Listed Prize Money: $5,838,151
- 1st Up: 12-3-1-2
- 2nd Up: 9-2-1-1
- Fast: 0-0-0-0
- Good: 20-4-2-4
- Dead: 8-4-1-0
- Slow: 5-3-1-0
- Heavy: 0-0-0-0
Latest Americain News
- Protectionist Has Turn-Of-Foot Required To Win Melbourne Cup
- Carpenter will struggle to find top weight for the Melbourne Cup
- Protectionist To Melbourne Cup After Prix Kergorlay Win
- Precedence Set For Another Tilt At The Moonee Valley Cup
- Maluckyday on trial for Autumn Carnival campaign
- Dunlop Delighted With Red Cadeaux’s Melbourne Cup Result
Read More Americain News
Americain Horse Information
Long before Americain became the first French trained horse to win a Melbourne Cup his trainer Alain De Royer-Dupre was a legend in his homeland. While the Normandy-based trainer has notched up countless Group winners at home, his exploits in other countries have been just as impressive.
De Royer-Dupre had in fact won Group races in eight different countries prior to the 2010 Group 1 Melbourne Cup (3200m) won by Americain. A winner of the 1984 Breeders’ Cup Turf with Lashkari and the 2006 Champion Stakes in Great Britain with Pride are just two of his better efforts.
Americain returned in 2011 to defend his Melbourne Cup title and while he wasn’t able to go back-to-back he again showed his staying talent to finish a respectable fourth. Other impressive performances on Australian soil since the 2010 Melbourne Cup victory include winning the 2011 Zipping Classic and placing in both the Group 1 Australian Cup and BMW in 2012.
Known internationally in racing circles, Americain is again heading towards the Melbourne Cup in 2012 but don’t be surprised to also see his name in the race card for the Cox Plate or Caulfield Cup.
One thing is sure, Alain De Royer-Dupre will have him at his best wherever he lines up.