Glamour mare Winx was unextended by regular rider Hugh Bowman when she ran third in a 900m barrier trial at Rosehill this morning.
Bowman settled Winx in fourth position and stuck to the fence in the straight before finishing third behind the leader Music Magnate and the fast finishing stablemate Endless Drama.
The leading Group …
Latest Horse Racing News
Melbourne Cup winning jockey Kerrin McEvoy will ride Kiwi galloper Turn Me Loose when he returns to Melbourne to run in the Group 2 $200,000 Jeep Australia Stakes (1200m) at Moonee Valley on January 27.
McEvoy has had one previous ride on the Murray Baker and Andrew Forsman trained Turn Me Loose for a win …
Trainer Bjorn Baker is expecting his Group 1 winning sprinter Music Magnate to repeat his barrier trial winning performance when he resumes in the Group 2 $200,000 Expressway Stakes (1200m) at Rosehill on January 28.
Music Magnate with Kerrin McEvoy in the saddle led all of the way to take out a 900m barrier trial …
Trainer Bjorn Baker is hoping that Winning Rupert will be fit for the 2017 Melbourne Spring Carnival after suffering a chip to his knee following his fourth in the $2m Gold Coast Magic Millions 3yo Guineas (1400m) at the Gold Coast last Saturday.
Winning Rupert was undefeated from five race starts in the lead up …
- O’Shea keen to keep Doyle as number 1 rider
- Odyssey Moon Ready for New Zealand Group 1 Assignment
- Winx dominates betting for Queen Elizabeth Stakes
- Southern Cross Stakes First-Up for Le Romain
- Australian Guineas Autumn target for Seaburge
- He’s Our Rokkii to chase Caulfield Group 1s in Autumn
- Flying Artie to chase Group 1 treble in Autumn
- Real Princess picks up major prize of Women’s Magic Millions Bonus
- Flying Jess to target Sydney Autumn Carnival Features
- Houtzen favourite for 2017 Golden Slipper
Australian Horse Racing
Horse racing in Australia first began when the First Fleet docked on Australian soil on January 26th, 1788, and brought with it one stallion, one colt and two fillies from Cape Town, South Africa. Since that day, Australian Horse Racing has prospered into one of the most established and widely respected racing industries in the world.
The Australian horse racing calendar consists of 19,376 horse races that are held across 2,694 race meetings each year. Of these races, 19,281 are comprised of flat racing, while only 95 are classified as jump races. The country has a staggering 194,736 race starters, made up of 31,776 individual runners, competing on Australia’s 367 racecourses each year.
Australia’s most coveted race is the annual Melbourne Cup, which takes place on the first Tuesday of November each year and is worth an incredible $6 million. Every year this historic event, which began in 1861, attracts crowds in excess of 100,000 people. 2003’s Melbourne Cup holds the record for the highest number of attendees, with 122,736 people gathering to watch Makybe Diva win her first of three consecutive Melbourne Cup titles.
The Melbourne Cup attracts an annual viewership of nearly 2.6 million people, not including those who watch the race at pubs, schools and offices, and truly is the ‘race that stops a nation’. Every year, each person on average in Australia places $8.50 worth of bets on the race that incites interest from the entire country.
Horse racing in Australia offers some of the most lucrative prize money in the world, with almost $422 million paid out annually to money winning horses. This figure is the third highest in the globe, behind only Japan ($1.36 billion) and the United States of America ($1.42 billion). Throughout the year Australians turn over more than $14.3 billion in wagering, equalling an average of $637 per person. $10 billion of this money is punted on the TAB, while in excess of $4.3 billion is spent on the track or with online bookmakers. 46.9% of all bets placed are win tickets, while the second most common ticket type is trifecta bets, which account for 16.1% of all wagers made.
The horse racing industry generates more than $6.2 billion in revenue for the Australian economy each year and provides jobs for 250,000 people, demonstrating the reach of racing industry on our culture. Racing culture is so prevalent in our day to day life that approximately 1 in every 89 Australians are working in the industry.
Breaking Horse Racing News
- Target In Sight Claims First-Up Magic Millions Sprint Win
4:55pm , 14 Jan
- 2017 Magic Millions Classic Results: Houtzen Wins
4:17pm , 14 Jan
- 2017 Magic Millions Guineas Results: Flying Jess Wins
3:34pm , 14 Jan
- Testashadow Scores Upset Magic Millions Cup Win
2:58pm , 14 Jan
- Private Secretary Ends Losing Streak In Magic Millions Fillies & Mares
2:20pm , 14 Jan
Racing Field & Form News
Winning Rupert is currently available at 2017 Magic Millions Guineas odds of $1.50 and the unbeaten colt remains a dominant favourite in betting markets for the $2 million event at the Gold Coast this afternoon.
Winning Rupert started his racing career with two wins as two-year-old, including the Group 2 Champagne Classic (1200m) at Doomben …
- Winning Rupert A Dominant Favourite In Magic Millions Guineas Betting
- Our To Keep’s Magic Millions Classic Odds Slashed
- Global Glamour can produce fairy tale ending in Magic Millions 3yo Guineas
- Goodfella chance to knock off favourites in Magic Millions 2yo Classic
- Winning Rupert cleared to run in Magic Millions 3yo Guineas
- From Within arrives in great order for Magic Millions 2yo Classic
- Magic Millions 2yo Classic favourites can’t be split
- Loyalty Man to take his place in Magic Millions Cup
- Jukebox is a genuine player for the Blue Diamond Stakes
- Kenjorwood out of Magic Millions Cup
In another Australian online bookmaker first from the leading sportsbook down under Ladbrokes Australia have gone live with their exclusive new Odds Boost betting product giving punters increased prices on any race every day.
Odds boost gives every Ladbrokes member better odds on any racing market of their choice daily and is simple to use. …